Do I need council approval for me renovation

28/10/2019, by admin, in Resources, 0 comments

There are Three pathways in NSW for residential developments. Exempt Development, Complying Development and Development that requires Local council approval (DA).

  1. Exempt Development:
    a. No approval required.
    b. Minimal impact on environment and amenity.
    c. Must comply with pre-set standards outlined in Part 2 Exempt Development Codes of The Codes SEPP
  2. Complying Development:
    a. Complying Development Certificate (CDC) issued by a Certifier.
    b. Predictable environmental/amenity impacts.
    c. Must comply with pre-set standards and conditions outlined in the fast-tracked State
    Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008

    3.Development Consent
    a. DA consent issued by Local Council.
    b. Possible major environmental/amenity impact.
    c. Merit assessment under the NSW Environmental Planning and Assessment
    Act 1979 (EP&A Act). The Assessment is guided by the Local Environmental
    plans (LEPs) and the Local Development Control Plans (DCPs).

House Plan Design & Drafting Services
10 Salerno Pl,
Blairmount, NSW 2559
-34.049604 150.803796
Phone: 0404013693